Thursday, January 22, 2009

Hang Suite

Ms. Carla Ching, a colleague and ally in the field, is a professional Playwright, Director and Teaching Artist based in New York City.

Ms. Ching keeps a web-log appropriately titled Minutiae and Flux: Navigating the big city.

In between relating the travails of jury duty and sharing a surprisingly sweet story about being called "Ms. Ching-Chong" while teaching, she also writes winningly about the arts, creativity, imagination, education, the election, living, plays, theater and questions, questions, questions...

An entry from Tuesday:

"The 2nd and 4th graders I taught today were so happy they almost leapt out of their skin.

He has asked us to do more. I am dreaming about how to do my bit, in my corner of the world. How to keep art in schools. How to inspire young people to engage their imaginations and creativity and commitment to a better world to investigate curiously and problem-solve the problems of our time."

Good stuff.

Find Carla Ching here.

Also, if you keep a blog and wouldn't mind being stared at, please email me here and let me know where to look.

Also, nearly 9 Completely Unrelated Minutes of Beauty may be discovered below.

Were I you, I'd risk it:


Pablo Casals @ Abbaye Saint-Michel-De-Cuxa



No comments: